Friday, April 4, 2008

Trailer-trash leaps into the 21st century...

Well ya'll, I guess I'm a blogger now... this should take up those 12 extra minutes a day I spend sleeping and contemplating my belly-button.

Truthfully though, I've always been a journal keeper, so this shouldn't be much different, huh? Except now all of my bitching and whining and witty observations will be public.

"This will be the most public yet of my many humiliations."

Also, I should let any one who reads this know that John, my significant, came up with the title of my blog spot. He's sitting in his recliner watching the Sox with our cat Beatrice curled up beside of him and I tell him to give me a good title for my blog. He says something about life in a trailer... something conducive to eye-rolling... and after I stare at him sternly for 10 full seconds he says, "Cat Day Afternoon." See - I knew he could do it.

Any-damn-way, I'm trying to plan a getaway vacation with my chiquita Lynn. Last November she took me to Sedona, AZ. It was too glorious. I'm thinking this year we should do a long weekend retreat. A spa/meditation/hiking/relaxing/renewing adventure for the girls. I've narrowed it down to Colorado, Utah or New Mexico. If anyone out there has any advice and/or info. they're willing to give it would be muchly appreciated.

Book I just finished: "Heart-Shaped Box" by Joe Hill. Totally enjoyed. Passed it on to John and will recommend to my sisters.
Book I just started: "The Old Wine Shades" by Martha Grimes. Not a bad read so far.

No comments: