Tuesday, April 8, 2008

vroom-vroom

My great-niece Abby. She's a frickin' hoot that one.


I guess I'm gonna have to buy a new car. I'd much rather buy a new pair of shoes or a plane ticket some place fun or a weekend at a spa... but instead, I have to purchase a vehicle. There's really nothing wrong with my current mode of transportation. I like my Focus. It has served me well. But it's got almost 60,000 miles on it, and I'm starting to worry about the little knocks and vibrations and stuff. So, now I have to clean her up and take her to the pound and trade her in for a puppy. I'm thinking maybe a Dodge Caliber. They're fun looking. Hip and comfortable inside. I'd really like to have a new Honda Element, but my pocket book says otherwise. At least there's really no rush. I don't HAVE to buy a new car immediately. But I'd like to get it before we go on vacation the last week of May. Which leads me to happier thoughts...



Vacation! Savannah! Visiting my fam-damn-ily! I've planned it for the last week in May because that's the week-end of the family reunion. I haven't been to one since I moved North 7 years ago. I'm really looking forward to it. Deviled eggs and fried chicken and barbecue and sweet tea and great aunts twice removed asking me when I'm gonnna have children. Speaking of great-aunts... the other reason I chose that week is because my newest great niece will have made her debut by then. My eldest niece, Sarah, is due in 3 more weeks. I'm excited. My biological clock is ticking at an un-godly volume and I'm doing my damnedest to try and ignore it. Sort of living vicariously through everyone else.





At any rate, it's a gorgeous day here in New England. High 50's, sunny, not nearly as windy as yesterday. A good day to take advantage of this beautiful weather and stay indoors on the couch.







No comments: