Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rooted in sand and red dirt. Bobby and Carolyn.


Happy Thanksgiving every one! I am home from the hospital, minus one bunion and a couple bone spurs. On the whole it wasn't a terribly unpleasant experience. John picked Bea up from the vet and she's doing very well. The bill was way less than we had anticipated, like a third less than it probably should have been. Dr. Norris will be the recipient of a treat and goodie bag very soon. Hell, I may as well bake since I'll need to keep myself occupied for the next couple of weeks. My foot's numb still, so I already hobbled around and made a chocolate pecan pie for tomorrow.

Things for which I am thankful: Mama and Daddy. Because no matter who you are, as long as you're respectful you are welcomed and loved in their home. Because they blow all those Southern stereotypes right out of the pond and they make me proud.
And for John. Because he's big and lovely and makes me laugh so hard I cry. Because he loves me like my daddy loves my mama.

No comments: