Sunday, November 30, 2008

I've been having to force antibiotics down Bea's throat since she came home from the vet. Because Bea always has one malady or another I've become quite the pro: Squeeze jaw apart at hinges, shove pill to back of throat, close mouth and massage neck. Pretty simple, right? Wrong!!! I seem to have lost my kavorka, because in the past 4 days I've had my thumb bitten so hard it ached into my elbow, I've been seriously puked on, and I've also had my pillow and my side of the bed puked on. Now I know that the Clavamox decreases her appetite and makes her nauseous. But seriously. I was holding her and trying to get the pill down her and she bit the shit out of me. So while I'm yelping in pain and John's chanting: "Don't be mad at her, don't be mad at her.", she starts shaking like she's having a seizure and then blech. Friskies ocean white fish. John laughed, but only for about 2 seconds because I burst into tears. That's right. I bawled like a baby. Sobbing and snotting and wailing. It was just all too much. So John had to take her out of my arms and then pull my sweatshirt off and help wash puke out of my hair and then bring an alcohol pad for my wounded thumb. And I have never felt so helpless in my entire life. Then a few hours ago she blew chunks of turkey all over my relatively new Tony Little micro bead pillow and all down the side of the bed. I'd feel sorry for her, only she seems a little too self satisfied and my thumb still hurts.

No comments: