Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So John took Bea to the vet this morning and they had to sedate her and clean her teeth and pull one of them. Poor little old granny cat. We called to see if we could pick her up and they said she's still too groggy and because of her age and her history of seizures, they decided to keep her over night. Now I'm all at sea. This house is not a home without a Bea-cat. What to do? And of course, tomorrow is foot choppin' time. I'd be a liar, liar, pants on fire if I said I wasn't nervous. I haven't been anesthetized since I had my breast reduction 12 years ago. Unless you count that Christmas I got pissed off at a certain someone who shall remain nameless, drank an entire bottle of wine in about an hour and passed out in the hallway. That'll learn 'em. But no. What is it about being put under? It's probably safer than just going to sleep. You got all those people monitoring you and you're hooked up to all those machines, what's the big deal? Who am I trying to convince? I think I'm more nervous about having to go the whole day with no coffee and then coming home with my bloody foot wrapped up like a canned ham. And if those jokers at that hospital think they're gonna send me home with some extra strength Tylenol or some such happy horseshit I'm gonna go 3 kinds of redneck on their asses.

What I'm reading: "The Likeness" by Tana French. Finally got far enough into that I'm deriving some pleasure.

Finished reading: "This Body" by Laurel Doud. Totally interesting. Middle aged woman with kids and a husband dies in her sleep and wakes up in the body of a 22 year old wild child who has just o.d'ed.

Finished reading: "Keeping you a Secret" by Julie Ann Peters. YA book about an overachieving all-american high school girl who falls in love with the openly gay new girl at school. Damn book broke my heart.

No comments: