Friday, November 28, 2008

Yesterday was way fun even though I didn't get to have beer or wine. Holidays at Mike and Judy's are the only time I ever imbibe, you know, to feel part of the social scene, and this year I was holding hands with my new friend vico-profen so I could only make kissy faces at Sam Adams from across the dinner table. At any rate, the food was excellent and the company was fun and we had a grand time.

This is what I've learned so far about being physically impaired: Yesterday I went with John to Stop and Shop because there were a few things I wanted to make sure we had in the house. I rode around the store in one of those complimentary scooters. It was like being invisible. 8 out of 10 people completely ignored me. Walked in front of me and cut me off and all kinds of rudeness. Now at first I thought it was a Yankee thing. And I've lived here long enough that I'm more than willing just to chalk it up to poor up-bringing and cold weather. Daddy has to use a scooter or a walker to go any distance over 10 feet so I called him to bitch. He said people are idiots down there too. How discouraging.

No comments: