Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Here come Mama! We finally wore her down and I made sure I conversated with her last night right around her happy pill time. You can talk Mama into just about anything then. Actually, you can talk Mama into anything most any old time. That's one of her glorious qualities. So she's flying into Boston December 20 and she'll be here for a little over 2 weeks. And I'm most excited about it because A) She hasn't been up here in over a year, closer to two, and 2) This will be the first time I've had any significant time off while she's visiting, and D) She'll be meeting her grandkitties for the first time!

I've gone through all of my old sneakers and boots and have finally found that my Salomon hikers are the only ones that are semi-comfortable. Which is cool because I never wear them so it's like having a brand new pair of shoes... plus, they're red. Saw Dr. Scanlon this morning and he said my foot is still somewhat swollen but it's healing nicely. He also said it's probably smart of me to stay out the entire allotted time out because if I go back to work too soon I might end up chewing my foot off.

After the doctor we went to Thompson and put Christmas flowers on John's Aunt Emily's grave. Then we rode by the house his Aunt owned. The house that could have potentially been John's. It's a tiny house, but it's so freaking adorable and there's a little brook on the property with a New Englandy stone wall. Every time we go by it I make John explain to me again why they had to sell it and then I show him where I would have put my vegetable garden and my fruit trees and then I pout and sulk for 30 seconds. It's a little tradition we have.

No comments: