Friday, December 5, 2008

Last year I read "Field of Darkness" by Cornelia Read and afterward I posted a review on Amazon. So this morning I'm putzing around online and I'm checking out my Amazon profile and guess who asked me to be their friend? Guess who liked my review of her book and asked ME to be HER friend? Oh hells yeah. Cornelia Read. So I pretty much thought I was the coolest girl at the lunch table for the rest of the day.

Other than that. I'm wearing the same clothes I went to bed in last night. Mama told me the other day that she has to wear socks to bed every night and I'm like, yeah, me too. Then she says she can't stand for the toes of the socks to be too snug. Yeah, me neither. And how her favorite socks to wear are the ones they give you in the hospital, the ones with the little rubber nubs on the soles and how she doesn't even care if they match or not because they're so comfortable and in fact, at that moment she was wearing one grey one and one brown one. And I swear to God I'm not shitting you when I say that at that same moment I was wearing one grey nubby sock and one brown nubby sock. Like grim death. That's how tightly I'm hanging on to my denial.

3 comments:

Cornelia Read said...

OMG--I'm wearing the same clothes as yesterday, which I also slept in. And, okay, I'm still in bed. (Wow... am I actually admitting to this slothfulness online?)

No socks, though.

And thank you for being happy that I friended you. *I* am still totally happy about that review you wrote, so it all evens out.

Buddy Crawford said...

Janet, this was one of the most literate blogs I've read, in that it has a strong them that is presented subtly and with the finesse' required by a blog's length.

Buddy Crawford said...

"theme"...dammit...not "them."