Saturday, December 13, 2008

So it rained for a month of Sundays. Then we lost power for about 8 hours yesterday which suits me just fine except I had to go to Mike and Judy's and shower. Aside from worrying over money and reading all the time and getting excited about Mama visiting, there ain't a whole lot going on. I've told Mama we're going to make a quilt while she's here and she started with the list of things we're gonna need. Should keep us busy. Tonight I made a chocolate bread pudding. My grandmama would've been proud.

What I'm reading: "The Monsters of Templeton" by Lauren Groff. Good stuff. Tried reading a couple of the books that were recommended by "library thing" and Amazon. Frankly, they sucked. Perhaps it's just not the right time. And earlier this afternoon I went to the Dollar Tree and found new copies of "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke in hardback for one measly dollar. Sha-Sha!

No comments: