Monday, December 1, 2008

Yeah, it looks like shite but it's healing up pretty nicely. Before Dr. Scanlon removed the bandages he told me that it was, and I quote, "A big Fuckin' bump." Like a lot bigger than he had anticipated. He said even his scrub nurse commented on it. Which in a sick way validates my pain. Because since I've been contemplating having this surgery everyone else with bunions has felt obligated to show me their feet. And every single one of them has had a worse looking bump than me. So I'm out of work for at least another week. I'm a hurtin' ass unit. The big toe is still partially numb and it's all bruising now, but since the bandage is off I can already feel a difference in the way I walk. Before I thought much of my problem was my arch being so high, now I'm thinking it was that evil twin growing out of my hoof.

No comments: