Monday, January 12, 2009



At least I won't have to worry about this mouse showing up headless on my porch.

Sitting here with Lenny in my lap and I must say, I quite like it. It's been a very long time since I've had a lap cat. John and I have discussed it to death and we've come to terms with the fact that Beatrice isn't a pet. She's a member of the family. The cranky aunt who hides under the bed. I had her for 5 years before she and I began cohabitating with John and she's always been a bitch. From the get go. Nasty. She mellowed out a few years back and in the winter she would crawl in our laps for warmth. She was less nasty than usual. Now the boys are in her territory occasionally and she's become the uber-cat from hell. They never bother her, they become all subservient when she hisses at them. She has separate food and water and litter. But she hates their bloody guts. And most of the time she's not too keen on my guts. It makes me sad that she's so durn crotchety but it makes me happy that these guys dropped into our life. With their sweet little purrs and their warm bellies and their fishy breath.

By the by... I got approximately 45 non-consecutive minutes of sleep last night. Not sure why for. And the strangest part is that I've felt pretty good all day. Not overly tired. But I'm still gonna knock back an Ambien in a few minutes because a girls gots to gets her sleep if she's gonna bust her ass on the treadmill tomorrow.

No comments: