Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stuff: John and I went to Trader Joes in Warwick. I'd never even thought about that place until I read hicktowndiva's post about their tamales. So last weekend I gave it a whirl and I have to say, we like it. Their frozen eggplant parm. cutlets are extra tasty. And they have an awesome selection of inexpensive whole bean coffee. Plus, the folks who work there really couldn't be any more pleasant.

Judy invited me to see a play at the Bradley Playhouse tomorrow afternoon. An actual cultural event (!). I haven't been to see a play in years. My attention span is nearly non-existent these days so I'm sure this will do me a world of good.

I filed my taxes this week. Hopefully my sweet moolah will be in the bank by the end of the week and I'll be able to pay off the debt stalkers. And purchase a plane ticket for my visit back home. Papaw's 90th birthday. I should be so healthy at 90.

Still with the eating healthier and working out. I've lost 10 pounds. I should be happy about it. 10 lbs in 4 weeks is really good. But I lost 7 lbs in the first week and only 3 since then. It's all there in the details of my other (covert) blog. I think the Cymbalta, while vastly improving my mental health, is having an affect on my ability to lose poundage.

Which leads me to this: I was reading some one's post or review or something the other day. This chick is talking about needing to lose weight and hating exercising and how her knees and back hurt and she knows it's because she's SOOOO overweight and lazy etc. Then she says later in the post that she's 5'4 and weighs 155. WHAT? Well that shit just pisses me off. Not necessarily at her, well, okay, in a round about way her, but more at the state of things. Like, for instance, that I'm 5'4 and weigh a good bit more than 155 and no, I'm not "in shape" but I could go out right now and run 3 miles and it just doesn't seem right. I'll bet she's knocking back Doritos and Pepsi and I'm all about the green leafy vegetables and fruit and whole grains and she STILL weighs less than I do. motherfucker.

No comments: