Saturday, March 28, 2009

What I'm reading: Stayed up until nearly 1am finishing "The House at Riverton" by Kate Morton. A compulsively readable and rather large book that takes place during WWI. Am very much enjoying learning about this particular period.

Started "Dead March" by Ann McMillan. A Civil War era book.

Came home yesterday and cleaned like a mad woman. Was supposed to rain all weekend but as I type this, it's 63 outside and absolutely gorgeous. Like, so pretty I may have to break down and go for a walk in the woods.

John and I had a whole conversation this morning concerning his need to give individuals in the public service industry more information than they need and/or desire. You know, like if the lady checking us out at the grocery store tells him that the orange juice he wants to buy doesn't go on sale until Tuesday, he'll say, "Oh, okay. Well, I can't come back Tuesday because I have to take a friend of mine to the dentist, but I'll drop by on Wednesday probably around 10am or so. If that's good for you."

It's actually kind of cute and endearing.

No comments: