Sunday, April 19, 2009

gypsy caravan

When I first moved to CT, John took me to an old antique warehouse in Putnam. Inside there were vintage cars and furniture and jewelry and toys and a real live gypsy caravan (!) A flippin' A gypsy caravan. I was totally enamoured. It was huge, the wheels were nearly 6 feet high and it was pink and gold and looked like a hippie princess was about to stick her head out and invite me in for a cup of tea or a toke or something. So I've been thinking about that wagon a lot lately. The warehouse has since closed and I have no idea what became of it.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I would love see that. there is something that draws me in when i think about it. I read a great book called Bury Me Standing about Romanian gypsies. The have some surprisingly conservative ideas about virginity.