1) Hotels and BnB's. I love the anonymous clean sheets and the tiny toiletries and playing make believe.
2) Tiny post offices.
3) Old ass libraries. Musty smells and quiet corners and genuine card catalogs.
4) Farmers markets. Particularly the one in Brattleboro, VT. That place is slammin'.
5) Colleges/Universities. So purposeful and noble. All those malleable young minds still convinced they can change the world.
6) A really decent cup of coffee.
7) When people behave in direct disproportion to their appearance. Like when old ladies swear or when some young skateboarder punk holds a door open for you. I heart that so much.