Thursday, April 30, 2009

The kind of crap that I love

1) Hotels and BnB's. I love the anonymous clean sheets and the tiny toiletries and playing make believe.
2) Tiny post offices.
3) Old ass libraries. Musty smells and quiet corners and genuine card catalogs.
4) Farmers markets. Particularly the one in Brattleboro, VT. That place is slammin'.
5) Colleges/Universities. So purposeful and noble. All those malleable young minds still convinced they can change the world.
6) A really decent cup of coffee.
7) When people behave in direct disproportion to their appearance. Like when old ladies swear or when some young skateboarder punk holds a door open for you. I heart that so much.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love b&b's but I have a love/hate thing for breakfast the next morning, sitting down at the same table with people i don't know.
I hate all the time leading up to it, wondering what they'll be like and if I will like them. I love that I am usually surprised and very much enjoy it.