Monday, May 18, 2009

I woke up this morning completely confused. Had no idea where I was or if it was a week day or a sleep day. Had that palpitating nauseau. That coupled with seeing Ernesto walking WAY-ASS down the drive way at 6am made for an off-kilter day.

What I've read: "The Keepsake" by Tess Gerritsen. Pretty decent.

What I'm reading: "Plainsong" by Kent Haruf.

Forgot I have a small vacation coming up in a few weeks so I had to come home and buy a plane ticket before prices went crazy. So I'll be with the famdamnily June 10-14. Mama wants me to clean her house. I'm gonna do it but I'd rather get beaten with a bag of oranges. I think I'm gonna drink a lot of muscadine wine and eat too much fried shrimp and do whatever my mama tells me to do.

3 comments:

Rapunzel said...

Wine..fried shrimp..groan..I'd do just about anything for 'em as well!

Tonya said...

make a pitcher of white peach sangria and drink the whole thing

2 cups of white zinfandel
2 cups of peach schnapps
1 cup of pineapple juice
3 cups of sprite


garnish with frozen fruit of choice

your a southern girl, it wouldn't be right if you didn't like peaches.

jan said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm gonna make a vat of this and lay around my sisters pool.