Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm pretty sure there's something seriously the matter with me. Between my obsessive dissatisfaction with the layout of this blog and my obsessive dissatisfaction with just about everything else in my life I'm turning into half a whack-job. And I'm taking the others with me. My life is a honkin' 3-ring circus littered with catnip toys and broken eyeglasses and week old partially consumed cups of coffee.

In the past 24 hours I've personally rescued 2 slobbered on chipmunks from the fearsome jaws of "the boys". I've also buried a half-mangled bird. Twice. And just now... like, literally JUST NOW I had to save a robin from Mae-Mae. Sometimes I turn a blind eye when I see them with critters. But lately for some reason it's really, really bothering me. And I'm a complete ostrich about the whole mess. As long as I don't see it I can keep skipping through the dewy meadows. I know it's natural. It's what they do... blah, blah, blah. But for pity's sake. Yesterday I saw this tiny little chipmunk standing on his hindlegs taking a swing at Ernie. The little bastard was fighting back and you know, you gotta help a brother out if he's giving it his all.

I wonder if this is how Jeffrey Dahmer's mama felt?

1 comment:

Tonya said...

When we had our cat Newman we constantly ran out to save his prey. He'd get so mad at us but I just couldn't let him kill. It's the really hard part of having a cat as a pet.

I'm totally with ya.