Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's probably just me. Just the way my silly brain works. But sometimes I can actually remove myself from a moment and consciously realize that I feel well and am relatively happy. As in: "Hey. I don't feel like shit, right now. I don't feel like killing anyone. I think that means I feel good and I'm okay." And it's a good feeling. It's peaceful even if it's usually fleeting. Sometimes knowing that there have been times when I've felt decent makes the crap-ass times a little more bearable. That whole, "This too shall pass" mantra. Usually I can attribute my happy times to regulated blood-sugar levels. Driving up the driveway earlier this afternoon after sucking down an iced coffee and an oatmeal raisin cookie I had a euphoric moment. It was way nice.

So. What I've read: "The Knowledge of Water" by Sarah Smith. There's a prequel called "The Vanished Child". They're both kind of difficult reads. I think it's the syntax. 2/3 of the way through "Knowledge" I realized I had no clue what was really going on. None. So I didn't technically finish the last 10 pages.

Re-read "Anastasia Krupnik" by Lois Lowry while I was visiting my parents. It was just as good as I remembered.

Also: "Girls: A History of Growing up Female in America" by Penny Colman. Sort of a Scholastic reference book. Fabulous!

And what I'm currently reading: "A Long Way From Home" by Connie Briscoe.

No comments: