Saturday, July 11, 2009

I like 3 day weekends so much that I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that they happen more often.

Last night I made Butterscotch Brownies which are really just blondies except I added a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder to the mixture and they came out so good that I went to bed last night with a sugar headache. Serves me right. Woke up this morning and my arms are so covered in poison ivy that I look like I've got leprosy. It's the damn cats faults. They waller in the woods and I waller all over them. I have to tell you though, scratching poison ivy bumps until they bleed is just about orgasmic. It's that superb.

This morning I ran errands. Bills and farmers markets and Wal-Mart and coffee and Chinese food. I always wait until the middle of summer and then I head to the half-priced flower section at Wal-Mart. It's like the flower infirmary. I pick out a hand full of the healthiest looking dying plants and I buy a $1.97 bag of potting soil and spend a Sunday playing Clara Barton.

Movies we've watched: "Phone Call From a Stranger" an old one with Shelley Winters and Bette Davis. We kept pausing it so we could talk about how much we liked it. "Knowing", a Nick Cage movie. It was tolerable. Then I checked my brain at the door and we watched "Step Brothers". It was stupid and profane and it made me laugh way more than it should have.

1 comment:

Bette said...

Dumb humor is the best kind. We watched Bruno last night, and I laughed until I cried. It was exactly what I needed. As for Knowing, the horror...