Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last night I made brownies. At 9pm. This has rapidly declined into the worst gastro-intestinal nightmare of a summer ever. Pizza and chips and fast food and Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun and hell, ya'll - I'm drinking a fountain Cherry Coke as I type. Shameful. On the way to work this morning I ate 1/2 a ham sandwich with Miracle Whip slathered on it and then I inhaled 3 brownies. Granted they were like an inch in diameter, but still. It was 6 in the morning. The best part is that I want to feel guilty. I know I should feel guilty. But I think I'm more in awe and bemused than anything. All I can think is that when I get back from my vacation, John and I are going to plunge head first into the season of homemade vegetable soups and protein shakes.

But for now, here's the recipe for the most bitchin-est homemade brownies I've ever had the pleasure of hoovering:

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
2.In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

*copied from AllRecipes

No comments: