Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday was John's birthday. I won't say how old he is. He wouldn't appreciate it. However, he's 20 years older than me. Sometimes people freak out when they discover this tidbit of info. But really, I never even think about it. John spent the first 30 years of his life effin' it all up. Not small time stuff. BIIIIG time stuff. Somehow it all evens out age wise between us. That, and if you have as much counseling and therapy as John's had, you become really in touch with your softer emotional sides. It makes him easier to be around. Point of all this? Happy Birthday John! You're my lovely, lovin' best friend man!

Awesome things I love about John:

1) Again with the funny. This morning I said: "John, one of the cats left us a squirrel on the step. It's a gift." To which John immediately replied, "What the hell? Your sister gave me a label maker for Christmas one year. I don't need any more gifts."
2) He understands the importance of coffee.
3) He understands the importance of animals.
4) He understands the importance of family.
5) He's hatched from the same pod as my Mama.
6) On Winter mornings, he always goes outside in his pajamas to heat my car for me. And if it's particularly icy/snowy, he offers to drive me to work. Even though I rarely let him. He still offers.
7) He loves me like my daddy loves my mama.

Happy Birthday, John.

No comments: