Sunday, September 20, 2009

sundrop in a mason jar

I eat oatmeal because I know it's good for me. But really, I'm a grits with butter and salt kinda girl. And if you've got some country ham and red eye gravy I'll be more than happy to take that off your hands as well.

Last night I spent 3.5 hours on the phone with my BFF Sherry. Sherry and I have been BFF's since before Taylor Swift was even born. So Sherry and I have been BFF's FFE. That's "For Fucking Ever" in JanandShnerry lingo. In high school we were connected at the hip. Our names spoken as one. If you wanted one you had to take both. Sherry's beauty and witticisms combined with my sharp tongue and big words, we were foul-mouthed, redneck tyrants. A force to be reckoned with. Crusading for the underdog and feeling sorry for the perfectly coiffed superficial petty girls. Boyfriends? Who needed them. She was in the midst of a tragic, forbidden affair and I was having my first nervous breakdown. In the past few years we've not kept in touch like we once did. But we always pick up where we left off. And I'm blessed to have her. To know that if I need her, she'll drop all of it for me. That no one can love me the way my Shnerry does. Girl, there'll always be a kidney on ice, just for you.

No comments: