Monday, September 14, 2009

What I'm reading: "Still Waters" by Nigel McCrery. I'm one of those annoying people who romanticize all things stereotypically British. The accent, the villages, the tea and crumpets and scones and Miss Marple and the BBC and sheep and stones and vicars and all that stuff. It's ridiculous, I know. It probably all started when I was 11 and my mama encouraged me to read Jane Eyre and Fanny Hill. I know. Fanny Hill for an 11 year old. At any rate, it was the beginning of an otherwise healthy obsession. Since then I seem to gravitate towards novels and movies set in the United Kingdom. It's calming and comforting for me.

Know what else is calming and comforting, yet exciting? Knowing that my sisterly units and I will be vacating in Savannah in 4 weeks. 4 weeks, honey-bunnies! 4 weeks until cemeteries and soul food and ghostly excursions.

No comments: