Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I'm thankful for my folks and my family. For my John and my cats. For my relatively decent health and my sense of humor. For my friends both near and far, far away. I'm thankful for the invention of airplanes and ranch dressing and earplugs. I'm thankful for Birkenstocks and 800 thread count cotton sheets and fresh smelling babies and the BBC. I'm thankful that my Daddy says things like: "There was a woman inside that store that looked like a Holstein heifer. I don't know how she found a bra to fit her. I reckon she had to use a bed sheet. She was in there adjusting her boobs, she had one just about flopped out and she was gruntin' and going on and saying, 'Oh, Lord, I guess I need to fix these things.' And I told her, 'Honey, I'd like to help you but I just don't think I'm capable."

No comments: