Monday, January 4, 2010

Today I signed up for "The Biggest Loser" at work and allowed some man I encounter on a daily basis to weigh me. I was surprisingly blase about the whole thing. At first every one was all in an uproar because we thought the weigh-in person was going to be this dude in security who has a kinesiology degree from UConn. Dude. Is. Built. Tiny waist and huge shoulders. All the women who had initially agreed to participate, automatically backed out when they found out he was going to be in charge of weigh-ins. I balked at first and then decided I didn't give two shits. Tara, who makes me laugh way too much, was all, "Listen, chick. He only dates strippers. He thinks everyone who weighs more than 90lbs and doesn't swing from a pole is fat. We're all good." As it turned out though, the stripper-dater is out. My point: I signed up for "The Biggest Loser". First weigh in was today and the whole thing lasts twelve weeks. Of course today I'm all enthused and giddy. I ate well. I exercised. I got a headache and showered and now I'm drinking coffee. If I can just stay away from carbs after about 3pm and sugar all together, I think I'll be alright.

2 comments:

Bette said...

Oh, good luck, Jan! I lost a second grader in weight when I was 20, and it feels so good to be healthy. I wish you all the best with it!

jan said...

Thank you so very much, Bette!