Sunday, February 28, 2010




Just got back from Madelyn's baby shower. The top picture is Judy and Madelyn. The bottom is Madelyn and Steve, the parents to be. It's exciting, all these babies. I'm just glad as hell they're not mine. Like, really, really glad. I love babies. Lord knows I do. But I'm a girl who knows her limitations.

The cake was good. So was the chicken.

Frankly, I haven't been feeling myself lately. I've had a headache for days and days and yesterday morning I woke up with a sore ribcage, like I'd been kicked by a very unhappy mule. Which isn't likely, cause I don't recall any mulish encounters. I think my body has decided it's had enough of my shit. And my brain, my mind, is detaching itself. Almost like astral projection. Like I'm floating outside of myself, watching everything going on. I can hear myself talking and saying things and I'll think, "Janet. Shut the hell up, Janet. Why are you still talking? Why did she just say that? What is she even talking about? Somebody do something, already! Quickly! Before she says - shit... too late."

No comments: