Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Revision Of Plans

Oh, I am most bereft. Most saddened with longing and despair and disappointment. After crunching our finances and juggling bills and working myself up into a hot frenzied mess, John and I have decided to forego our little jaunt to Savannah this trip. I am pained. I am distraught. No sweet little BnB's and no smothered shrimp and no Bonaventure. Instead, we'll save the money and enjoy a little something extra while we're chilling with Bob and Carolyn. Or, you know what? Maybe this means I can afford that tattoo I've been telling myself I'm too broke to get. See, there's my light at the end of that dark, Spanish moss covered tunnel.

3 comments:

Bette said...

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to take that trip! We are broke, too, and we used to take a vacation at least once a year--sometimes twice! This economy has really killed my man's work, so you're not alone out there. I'm sorry I couldn't write something more positive.

Weird.. My word verification is "jojcat."

Rapunzel said...

Aw, Jan, I'm so sorry! I understand your disappointment, I think many of us are in the same (sinking) boat. sigh. Things will look up in 2010, they have to, and you'll be sipping sweet tea in Savannah before you know it!

xoxoxox

jan said...

Thanks ladies, just for "being there".