Friday, March 19, 2010

Smelling Salts

Pardon me while I have a complete breakdown. Been feeling quite dramatic and desperate lately. Between work -which sucks but I'm just glad I have a job- and my impending foot surgery and a couple of altercations with my maternal unit, I'm a stupid mess. Yesterday I went for the pre-op with my GP. He was actually the highlight of the whole week, as he told me, "Yeah. You're a little heavy, but your cholesterol and blood pressure are excellent and your blood sugar is fine and you're only 33 so I'm not doing any EKG's and I'm not sending you for further blood work. Good luck and Godspeed." Cue exit. I don't know. I'm just feeling all hitchy and disjointed from the uncertainty and the pain.

Happy thoughts: "When Autumn Leaves" is a really good book. I've watched "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" twice this week. If it were on right now... well, if it were on right now, I wouldn't be blogging. I'd be hanging out at the mall with Phoebe Cates.

No comments: