Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter


For some reason I got this wild urge to make homemade cinnamon rolls. I'm talking dry yeast and ten minutes of hand-kneading and a couple hours of rising in warm places. It wasn't so much hard as it was laborious. And time consuming. But my hands smell so damn good right now that I might not wash them ever again. This picture is just one uncooked pan of three. I used this recipe from Recipezaar, only I cut it in half. I'm nearly positive that I did something wrong because the original whole recipe says it made twelve rolls and I've got twenty rolls after halving it. This is the first time I've ever worked with yeast. I feel very rustic and exhausted. I'm so exhausted I'll probably only be able to eat two or three rolls when they're finally finished baking.

On a completely different note: the last few pictures I've posted here have been taken with John's iphone. We're figuring out that the phone takes much better pictures than our craptastic little cybershot and I, for one, am none too happy about it.

**update: my cinnamon rolls were totally worth the effort. The best dough I've ever, ever eaten. For some reason, they make me feel very French. I don't know what that means, either.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

sounds yummy and that is a pretty good cellphone photo. it's much better than my phone. B has the blackberry and it takes pretty fair photos. i grab it a lot instead of using mine for photos.