Thursday, April 1, 2010

Music Memories

Tonya was sweet enough to invite me to share some of my music memories. Turns out I have a ton of them. So here are a few to start off with.


This song reminds me of riding around in the car with my sisters. They used to take me every where with them even though they were teen-agers and I was only four or five. They said I was a boy magnet because I always had a black eye from jumping off of the couch, pretending I was Wonder Woman.


Good Lord. We used to do gymnastics to this song. I was five. I still love this song and I still sing it at the top of my lungs... "Hiiigh-OOO, Silver! AaaWaaaaayyy!"



My Mama used to sing this song to me when I was little. I loved it even though it made me sad. I was probably 25 before I realized that it was an AP Carter song and that the Flatt and Scruggs version was where my Mama first heard it. The Flatt and Scruggs version is terrific, but the Wiseman version is a little more haunting. So this song is my Mama's song. She has a lovely bluegrassy voice by the way.


Another Mama song... I guess some kids were raised on "Twinkle Twinkle". Not me, man. I was raised on beans and taters and Jim Reeves.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

me too. we watched heehaw man.