Thursday, May 20, 2010

My friend Lynn once asked me something to the effect of "what inspires you?". I think she thought I was rather banal when I answered, "Everyone". Eventually she got it. After we learned more about one another. After I said, "Tell me a story" for the thousandth time. Life is interpretation. I won't get the same message out of a situation as someone else. Someone else may not get any message at all. The point is. I try to get some message out of all of it. That's why everyone inspires me. I like to know where people come from, what they've been through and how their experiences have shaped them into who they are at the moment. It's fascinating shit to me. Witnessing the connectedness of the journey. How there are these running themes through everyone's life and, if they just sit back and acknowledge them, they'll realize that they are on exactly the right path. They are exactly where they are supposed to be. It's not spooky or freaky or coincidental. It is perfect. And it is liberating and euphoric.

Last night I finished reading my dear blog-friend Tonya Ruanto's book, "The Making of a God". If you want to know what I'm talking about, read her book. She gets it. I can not offer any higher praise than that. Simply because I offer the highest of praises. Well. Done.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

you are too sweet. thank you so much.