Sunday, June 13, 2010

I got the Pizin' Ivy again. On my arms AND the bottoms of my feet. I attempted to identify Jewelweed as it's supposed to help heal the poison, however, in order to get to the Jewelweed I had to tromp through the poison. That and I was also afraid I'd end up plucking the wrong weed and wind up smearing myself with Belladonna or something. Next thing you know I'd be launching myself from the roof of the barn, thinking I was a flying monkey. What a damn dilemma. I blame the cats, of course. I'm pretty sure the cause of my suffering started something like this:

It's a wonder I don't have it all over my lips.

What I've read: A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen, The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt and I'm about to start The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl.

John and I watched Shutter Island this afternoon and I took a three hour nap. The temperature hasn't hit 70 once this weekend which is some fine-ass preparation for tropical Kure Beach where it's 95 degrees with 80% humidity. Fine-ass preparation, I tell you.

No comments: