Saturday, August 14, 2010

After a full day of partying John and I are pooped and pleased to be home relaxing with the pussy brigade. I love youngun's and such but I swear if we had one there wouldn't be a head-hair left between us. I've said it before, but it surely bears repeating: I'm a chick what knows my limitations.

What I'm reading: Affinity by Sarah Waters. So far she's my favorite novelist of this century. I'd almost say the same thing about Joe Hill, but I haven't read Horns yet.

What I've read: Changeless by Gail Carriger, and Still Life by Louise Penny

What I'm watching: Inspector Lewis and Wallander courtesy of Netflix

What I'm eating: mater sammiches every day of my life. So far this is the summer of the tomato. Sometimes I eat them with salt and pepper and Dukes mayo between two slice of oatnut bread. Sometimes I eat them plain, like an apple.

This morning I told Mama that I have a hard time opening doors and bottles because my hands go numb and she said, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got a jar of pickles in my refrigerator that I've been working on for six months. I feel like one of them damn otters trying to crack open an oyster shell."

No comments: