Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Before I forget-  for those of you who aren’t yet privy to this information, just so’s you know, you can buy The Avett Brothers album I and Love and You on Amazon for FIVE DOLLARS !  That’s the sort of stuff that makes me silly happy as the brothers Avett are particularly talented and lovely to look at and they’re also from my neck of the woods.  Well, my original neck of the woods.  The northern Carolina woods.  I told John, “I just downloaded an Avett Brothers album for five freakin’ dollars!” and he said, “What are the Abbot Brothers?”.  So I made him listen and he liked them but then he wanted to know why they didn’t have accents like mine.  So we argued over that for a while and later that day we were watching The Andy Griffith Show and discussing how we should’ve named the cats after Mayberry characters (Juaneeter, Floyd, Helen Crump and Rafe Hollister) and he had the nerve to tell me that I sound just like Ernest T. Bass.  Someday I’ll youtube a video of the sigh and eye twitch that I have created expressly for those types of comments.  It’s like Frank Costanza’s “Serenity now!” mantra.  Only less loud. 

What I’ve watched:  The Young Victoria and Whip-It.  Loved both. 

2 comments:

Tonya said...

We are going to NC in october to do the blueridge parkway. we will be staying on this farm: www.zydecomoon.com in this cabin http://www.vrbo.com/316820 and we can't wait. I'll be sure to take photos so that you can get a virtual visit even if you can't be there.

jan said...

You're a sweetheart! Actually, John and I are leaving Thursday morning for 11 days of Carolina and Savannah time. But please share your photos with me because I grew up about an hour away from Boone and the views are freakin' breathtaking. Y'all are gonna have big fun!