Saturday, October 16, 2010

livermush and pecan pancakes


I'm someone who gets more sleep when I'm not on vacation. Mostly because when I'm visiting my family or some place other than the trailer out in the woods, I'm afraid something really awesome is gonna take place and I'll miss it. I ate breakfast every morning at 6am with my Daddy and Papaw and my Uncle Jimmy. I like breakfast. But it totally wouldn't break my heart to wait and eat it around 8 or so. It would however break my heart to miss out on sharing it with the men-folk. My sisters joined in on a couple of mornings. My doll-faced niece Katie B. even managed to crawl out of bed and show up wearing the same thing she'd had on the night before. I've been there. I was 18 once too. So that picture above is my Daddy driving us home from b-fast one morning. It's a classic kind of Daddy picture. Gimme cap and clutching the wheel. If you had smell-o-vision, you'd be whiffing Naugahyde and Lance's cheese crackers and kudzu and burning leaves. Those are Daddy smells.

2 comments:

Angie said...

And Aqua velva..........hmmmmmm...

jan said...

:-) old spice !