Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Vacation

So here’s how it went down.  John and I left at four on Thursday morning during what turned out to be a freakin’ tropical storm.  It rained –no-  it !!!RAINED!!! for the first twelve hours of our drive.  Remember that part in Forrest Gump when he’s in Vietnam and he talks about it raining and he says it rained all the time, it rained sideways and frontways, and one time it even rained upside down?  Well, it was like driving through a car wash.  Cars were all pulled over on the sides of I-78 and I-81 with their hazard lights flashing.  But not us.  Hell naw.  We kept on plugging along.  Which is why it took us over 15 hours. 

Now having said all of that, the weather for the rest of the trip was nothing less than purrfect.  Mama and Daddy and John and I went to Boone one day:

savannah11

I ate boiled peanuts and John ate too much $8 a pound “penny candy” from the Mast General store and then got himself a sugar hangover.  I came real damn close to getting my forearm tattooed.  A chick at one of the tattoo places helped me design one, but by the time I made up my mind it was nearly dark and John had donned his hypoglycemic pants and I started having nervous-nellie palpitations, so I decided it just wasn’t meant for right then.  

No comments: