Monday, April 11, 2011


Maybe it's the barometric pressure. Or maybe it's all the negative energy up in that joint. But I had a shite work day and a headache since 5:30 this morning. I'm not whining. Just stating facts. Shite work day and headache led me to come home and sit back and meditate. Which led to me crying about my daddy. Which actually helped me feel a good bit better. A little more clear-headed. In the shower, I looked at my tattoos and thought about how I'd like my next one to be the word Daddy and either a cotton boll or a tobacco leaf which is what they farmed when he was a boy. Afterwards, I sat on the couch and dried off and then noticed the Tennessee plate that's been wrapped in paper and lying underneath the blankets and clothes on the couch since John and I came back from vacation in February. I decided to open it and show it to John again and I'm telling him that I haven't hung it on the wall here because I bought it specifically for the wall of our new home and I'm looking at it and admiring it and what do you think is painted on that bad boy? A damn bunch of cotton bolls and a pair of tobacco leaves.

Oh Papa. Never was there a better.

No comments: