Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sometimes I leave the house and I'm okay and then 15 minutes later I wish I hadn't. I think I might have a social anxiety disorder. Whatever it is, it doesn't feel so great.

I finished The Help. I enjoyed it immensely. I stretched it out for as long as I could. Now I'm prepared to watch the movie.

It's raining buckets. I love it, but it makes the cats a little bit paranoid.

Whenever I walk by one of the boys I have to bend down and kiss their heads and sniff them. Their ears smell like a combination of musty library books and garden dirt. It's extremely comforting. John calls the scent "cat hole". But I prefer "cat cave".

Mama told me a story today about how she and Daddy were at the Subway in the Cherryville Wal-Mart and she managed to knock down the entire rack of chips with her motorized shopping cart. She said Daddy just sat there with his eyes all big and said, "Goooood God!". She tried helping them pick the chips up, but the Subway folk told her not to worry about it, that they'd take care of it. But every time she backed up she knocked over more chips and every time she pulled forward, more chips. "I couldn't move!", she said. "Those chips were in my life."

No comments: