Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We call her Christine behind her back.


Two months to the day after I broke my ankle, John broke his wrist.  And the day before the wrist happened, he left his iphone in the back pocket of his jeans and I washed them.  The jeans and the iphone.  It was a catastrophe. Srsly.  Also, my ankle's still not healed.  So I'm still out of work.  And we're still broke. But, we're still together.  It's okay.  We say that a lot to one another.  "It's okay." and "It'll work out.  We'll be alright."  Which is really code for, "I don't wanna scare you, but I think we might be fuuuucked."  

Good stuff though is that I'm able to move around more, and I've been planting all the half-dead, half-price flowers I can afford and any clippings that anyone will pass on to me.  I also pressure-washed the house.  It looks brandy-new.  We have a house!!!  We love our house.  (gulp)

2 comments:

Tonya Ruanto said...

you two!!!!

get better. good to hear from you.

The Vegan Gypsy said...

Hey, there, it's me, formerly "Rapunzel." Hang in there, these things do seem to come in waves. :-/